Homesteading Campers sourced a lot of fresh herbs from the River Forest Community Herb Garden at Keystone and Augusta. Mint is always abundant and we made mint tea nearly every week. Most kids enjoyed it. Some loved it, though, and thought it was very cool that they made their own drink from something that they harvested.
- 2 cups filtered water
- About 15 fresh mint leaves
- Sugar or honey, to taste (start with about 1 tsp per cup and add more as desired)
- Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and add mint leaves.
- Steep for 10-20 minutes, depending on desired strength.
- Add sweetener as desired.
- Pour over ice or serve warm.