SUGAR BEET SCHOOLHOUSE
5TH ANNUAL EDIBLE GARDEN TOUR
At the peak of growing season you will get an insider's peek into the edible gardens of our neighbors in Oak Park and Austin. You are invited from 9 am- 2:00 pm into beautiful private gardens to learn more about urban agriculture and get inspired to grow your own food! Cycling from garden to garden is encouraged. This is a day of learning, fun and enjoyment! No dogs, please.
Ticket Sales and Map pickup the day of the tour 8am-12pm:
at Sugar Beet Food Co-op 812 Madison Oak Park, IL
Buy tickets before July 30th to save!
Kids (over 4) - $5
Adults (over 18) - $15
Adult tickets day of event $20
This year! We are adding music, art and nature learning stations throughout the tour!
Plus! Discounts at Sugar Beet Food Co-op for tour goers. Grab a lunch, coffee, drinks for the day and enjoy along the way!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS YEAR'S ACTIVITIES!
- Home to Roost - learn more about chicken keeping with local consultant, Jen Murtoff!
- WAX - learn more about beekeeping with the West Suburbs Apiary Experience
- Blender Bike! - make pedal powered smoothies on the Schoolhouse's new Blender Bike!
- Oak Park Art League - Observe Plein Air Painting in the garden with local artists
- Printmaking in the Garden - with local artists!
- Oak Park Farmers' Market Band - hear live music!
YOU WILL RECEIVE A COPY WHEN YOU CHECK IN AT SUGAR BEET FOOD CO-OP THE DAY OF THE TOUR.
Note- this year there will be bee hives on the tour. Please be prepared if you/ your child have bee sting allergies. We will take every precaution to prevent stings, of course.